Apple Inc. has unveiled the yearly updates for its iPhone 14 models, AirPods, and Apple Watch. At a launch event in the US on Wednesday, Apple announced the iPhone 14 and Apple Watch, which includes car crash sensing technology and emergency satellite communication.
The iPhone 14 series mostly maintain the iPhone 13’s appearance. Even though Apple didn’t make any big changes to the design or come out with completely new products, there were some new features that could intrigue people who want to buy a new device. Such as there are choices to assist individuals when unfortunate events occur – like vehicle crash detection. Additionally, the new iPhones have the capability to connect to satellites from an iPhone in an emergency.
What’s new in iPhone 14 models
This time Apple has launched 4 models of iPhone. Pre-order begins September 9 with the iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus becoming available on September 14 and October 7 respectively. Additional capabilities like crash detection, eSIM compatibility, and video stabilisation has been added to all models. Apple has specially focused on emergency assistance. Therefore, high acceleration sensor on these models can also automatically contact emergency SOS in the event of an emergency or crash.
The key additions are:
iPhone 14 & iPhone 14 Plus: iPhone 14 starts at $799, and iPhone 14 Plus starts at $899 (USD). The available colors for the models are- blue, purple, midnight, starlight and product(red)
- New 12-megapixel camera that can capture fast-moving subjects and boasts a 49% improvement in low-light photography.
- Larger sensors and more sophisticated lenses are included to improve photo performance.
iPhone 14 Pro & iPhone 14 Pro Max: iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max have a starting price of $999 and $1099 (USD). The available colors for the models are- deep purple, gold, silver and space black.
- The top of the screen is now a pill-shaped cut-out. It is the biggest change in the design of the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max.
- The black notch has been replaced with a feature dubbed the Dynamic Island, which can change shape based on the alerts that are available.
- The software has latest A16 Bionic chip with a 48-megapixel camera.
What’s new in New AirPods pro?
This will be the latest favourite of those, who lose their AirPods frequently or don’t remember where they kept it. Users used to face issues about it and seems like Apple paid a heed to the problems.
- Compared to the original models, AirPods Pro are simpler to find. Each pair comes with its own way to find a lost earphone, which is a chime that plays when the earphone is dropped outside of its case.
- The case itself has a speaker that will play a louder sound if the Find My app requests it.
- With touch control, the user can swipe to change the volume.
- Increased battery life of 6 hours on a single charge.
Apple watch Ultra: A sport-oriented watch
Are you an athlete or sportsperson? Then this gadget might be interesting for you
The latest addition in the Apple family is Apple Watch Ultra. The new sports-oriented Apple Watch is built for action sports like mountain climbing, swimming and trailing. It has compass and can also measure the water temperature. Crash detection and emergency SOS are available, just like all the new technology from Apple. The features include WR100 water resistance alongside EN13319 standard for underwater use. It has the biggest battery of Apple Watch models yet, with 36 hours on single charge and up to 60 hours using an upcoming battery optimization feature.
It was undoubtedly a more intriguing launch than in previous years for the Apple enthusiasts.
Apple is promoting its gadgets as tools for health and safety. Tim Cook, the CEO of Apple calls the products as “essential.” But in reality, these are interesting updates for a small group of people as users will hope they never have to use these features.
Few facts about Apple you might not know-
- Samsung manufactures the iPad’s retina display
- Apple has more cash than the US government (Forbes)
- Apple Launched a Clothing Line in 1986
- Apple was the first to make digital camera
- Apple’s First Computer Sold for $666.66